Garden Workshops & Series
You can grow your own fresh produce, no matter what your skill level or space available, with a little help from the City of Irvine, the Orange County Great Park and UCCE Master Gardeners and Preservers. Workshops will cover the basics of how to grow edibles in your garden, patio or balcony. Classes will focus on what’s easy to grow, how to choose what to plant and how to keep them alive and thriving! Admission and parking are free.
Visitors can attend any or all of the workshops held at the Great Park Farm + Food Lab. Workshops are 10 to 11 AM, rain or shine.
The gardening workshop dates are:
- Feb 5 – Starting Your Plants from Seed
- March 5 – Warm Season Vegetables
- April 2 – Soil, Composting and Fertilizers
- May 7 – IPM (Integrated Pest Management)
- June 4 – Growing Fruit!
- July 2 – Harvesting, Safety, and Storage
Spring Garden Workshops:
- 3/23 - Plant a Salad Bowl
- 4/6 - Tomatoes!
- 4/20 - Citrus!
- 5/4 - Preserving The Garden's Bounty